Initiative is a part of your Motivation personality.
While Motivation, in general, relates to the emotional tendencies that guide and facilitate the reaching of goals; Initiative relates to your readiness to act on opportunities.
People who have this competence usually:
- Are on a watch for opportunities
- Are ready to seize opportunities
- Pursue goals beyond what's expected
- Focus on goals and work towards them no matter what
- Mobilize others to accomplish such goals
Those with initiative act and take anticipatory action to avoid problems before they happen or to take advantage of opportunities before they are visible to everybody else. Initiative has to be balanced with social awareness in order to bring positive results.
Initiative is always good as long as it brings positive results to everyone involved, even society.