Influence is part of your Social Skills- a component of your Social Competence.
While Social Skills, in general, is related to your adeptness at inducing desirable responses in others -Influence relates to your ability to wield effective tactics for persuasion.
People who have this competence usually:
- Are skilled at winning people over.
- Fine-tune presentations to win people over.
- Anticipate their audience reaction to a message
- Use complex strategies like indirect influence to build consensus and support
- Manage events to effectively make a point.
- Are strong at building rapport and solid relationships.
Influence is managed not only with logical arguments but also on an emotional level - known as impression management. A top performer will usually have solid arguments and actions and will build behind-the-scenes support
Empathy is crucial for wielding influence, you can only have a positive impact on others if you sense how they feel and understand their position and their perspective.
For more information on our Custom Software Soltions and Consulting Services , please visit www.isucorp.ca