Communication is part of your Social Skills- a component of your Social Competence.
While Social Skills, in general, are related to your adeptness at inducing desirable responses in others -Communication relates to your ability to listen openly and sending convincing messages.
People who have this competence usually:
• Are effective in giving and taking
• Register emotional cues, by attuning their message and response.
• Deal with difficult issues straightforwardly
• Listen well and seek mutual understanding.
• Welcome sharing of information in a full and clear manner.
• Foster open communication and stay receptive to bad news as well as good ones.
On a business level, it is of utmost importance to have an open and honest channel of communication - otherwise, you might always ask yourself: "are they telling me only what they want me to hear instead of what I need to know?"
In business, creating an atmosphere of open and honest communication, allows brilliant ideas to flourish - it unlocks the value and potential of employees and everyone involved within an organization. When you communicate openly, you open the possibility of getting the best out of people; their energy, their creativity.
Acknowledgement of accomplishments is also another important part of communication - communicating with positive emotion and rewarding success; on the other hand keeping cool and composed when results are not as expected.
For more information on our Custom Software Solutions and Consulting Services , please visit www.isucorp.ca