Trust: Reliance on the integrity, strength, ability or surety of a person or a thing.
In this second and last blog on Agreement, we'll talk about credibility.
You can be trusted, but still, lose credibility. Credibility is a critical key to you appearing as a professional. No trust = no sale. No credibility = no sale.
- Building trust
- Keep credibility
- Don’t take it personally
Know everything there is to know about your field! You need to know your people, your product, your industry, everything.
Without credibility, it lengthens the sales process and leads to other disadvantages.
People believe what they see, not what they hear. The buyer assumes he can’t trust you, that you’re a pitchman and you’ll say anything.
Rule of Thumb:
Assume your buyer doesn’t believe what you say. Show data and proof. Buyers are usually drawing off their own experiences, counter by validating it with data. No matter how honest you are, be credible and trustworthy.
Use third-party validation:
- People believe what they see, not what they hear
- Always write down what you’ve said
- Don’t be scared of contracts
- When showing them competition, do it in writing. MAKE IT REAL.
Be prepared to build the credibility in you that will convince people to trust and buy from you. Today’s buyer is MORE dependent on FACTS. Support your cause, build trust, and convince them it’s the right decisions.
An informed buyer is ALWAYS better than an uninformed buyer.
The lack of data and logic makes customers emotional, which makes them irrational.
Tips on trust:
- Never sell with words
- Write it down
- Never close with words
- Use a buyer’s order
- Never make verbal promises… Put your assurances in writing
- The more data the better
- Keep your information current
- Have your written information available and easy to access
- Use third-party data when possible
- Have information accessible in real time
- Use computer generated data whenever possible
One of the core values we have as a company is to inspire and empower people in all aspects of their lives. Additionally, if you want to read about our Custom Software Solutions and Consulting Services, please visit www.isucorp.ca