Conflict Management is part of your Social Skills -a component of your Social Competence.
While Social Skills, in general, are related to your adeptness at inducing desirable responses in others -Conflict Management relates to your ability to negotiate and resolve disagreements.
People who have this competence usually:
- Handle difficult people and tense situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Spot potential conflict before they become a major issue.
- Bring disagreements into the open and help to de-escalate
- They are always tactful and sensitive to other people's perspectives.
- Encourage debate and open discussion.
- Are able to read the feelings of the opposition.
- Orchestrate win-win solutions
Conflict Management involves negotiation, the best negotiators are those who can sense which points matter most to the other party and gracefully concede on those while pressing for points that bring the best win-win solution forward.
For more information on our Custom Software Solutions and Consulting Services , please visit www.isucorp.ca