Leadership is part of your Social Skills -a component of your Social Competence.
While Social Skills, in general, is related to your adeptness at inducing desirable responses in others -Leadership relates to your ability to inspire and guide individuals and groups.
People who have this competence usually:
· Articulate and arouse enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission
· Step forward to lead as needed, regardless of position
· Generate and share positive ideas and feedback
· Guide the performance of others while holding them accountable
· Lead by example and re-assertive
Leadership lies in how a person implements change - not just in change itself. Change is only successful by keeping employees loyal and in high spirit. A leader establishes credibility by sensing people’s feelings and by showing they are understood.
Leaders are also those who transmit positive energy - they are able to transmit emotions in a manner that makes the people around them wanting to follow their lead.
For more information on our Custom Software Solutions and Consulting Services , please visit www.isucorp.ca