Developing others is part of your Empathy - a component of your Social Competence.
While Empathy, in general, is related to your awareness of other people’s needs and concerns; developing others relates to sensing their growth needs and strengthening their abilities.
People who have this competence usually:
- Acknowledge and reward people's strengths and accomplishments
- Offer useful feedback and identify people's needs for further growth
- Show sensitivity to other people's feelings
- Assign tasks that challenge and foster people's skills
- Mentor and coach other people
We'll continue next week.